Visitors to booth #625 will see Dometic’s compact, modular systems that are ideal for new installs as well as refits
Pompano Beach, Fla. – April 9, 2015 – Dometic Marine, a division of Dometic Group, a global provider of products for the commercial marine industry, today announced that the company will exhibit a wide range of engine room ventilation systems, as well as commercial-grade air conditioning and sanitation products at the Workboat Maintenance & Repair Conference and Expo, April 14-16 at the Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.
Visitors to booth #625 can see a range of engine ventilation equipment, including smoke and fire dampers, fans and blowers and mist-eliminating grilles. Air-conditioning products on display include the DuraSea Air-Cooled Condenser, the Dometic Radome Air Conditioning unit and the Vector Turbo Self-Contained Air Conditioning unit. Dometic will also be showing the highly efficient Dometic SeaLand Macerator Toilet.
“Dometic HVAC and sanitation systems are compact and modular for new installs and refit applications. They are designed specifically for the harsh marine environment, and are ideal for a range of workboats,” said Ben Haynes, Dometic Director of OEM Sales for Commercial Marine. “Vessel operators benefit from Dometic’s extensive worldwide service network and one of the best warranty programs in the industry.”
Dometic will be showing the following engine ventilation equipment:
- Smoke and A60 Fire Damper. Dampers close off the engine space in the event of a fire. The lack of fresh air in conjunction with the release of fire retardant can snuff out a fire and save a boat from possibly burning to the waterline. Dampers come in both marine grade aluminum and stainless steel.
- Axial Fan, DC Fans and Blowers. Commercial-grade axial fans and centrifugal blowers provide cooling and/or combustion air for marine machinery spaces. Materials are chosen with corrosion resistance and weight in mind. Blades are constructed of high-strength PPG glass-reinforced polyamide, with standard powder coating of the fan housing. Fan motors are high efficiency, direct drive, and reversible. All hardware is either marine grade aluminum or 316 stainless steel.
- Mist Eliminators. Mist-eliminating grilles stop corrosive salt mist and water from entering the engine room. Each mist eliminator is custom designed for maximum air flow and minimum restriction for a given machinery package, keeping air flow and dimensional restrictions in mind. There are four mist eliminator drainage options: bottom draining, face draining, horizontal and sump draining.
Air conditioning equipment on display includes:
- DuraSea Air-Cooled Condenser. DuraSea (DCA series) air conditioning condensing units are designed for maximum durability in the harshest of nautical applications. These rugged units – for workboats, platform, and military vessels – offer long service life, exceptional performance, energy conservation, and reliability. The 7.5- and 10-ton sizes offer a compact footprint in an "industrial" styled equipment design.
- Dometic Radome Air Conditioning Unit. Radome Environmental Control Units (ECU) are specifically designed to provide air conditioning within the dome enclosure, ensuring optimum temperatures for the critical equipment inside.
- Vector Turbo Self-Contained Air Conditioning. The award-winning Turbo series completely revolutionized self-contained cooling and heating with the newest innovations in marine air conditioning system design. Ideal for vessels up to 12 meters (40 ft.), self-contained air conditioners have all main components on a single chassis installed in a living area, and are compact enough to be concealed under a bunk or settee, or in a locker or closet.
- DuraSea Rooftop Air Conditioner. DuraSea Rooftop air-cooled air conditioners are built to endure harsh marine environments. Ideal for patrol boats, house boats, and other vessels, they are designed to be installed on a flat deck or rooftop and cool the area directly below.
Sanitation equipment at the booth will include:
- Dometic SeaLand Macerator Toilet. MasterFlush toilets pulverize waste with less power draw than competing toilet systems. Superior technology means 64% less power consumption and 33% lower amps per flush than competing models. In addition, the home-style water trap in many MasterFlush models keeps drain line odors away from living spaces.
Dometic also has a wide range of reverse osmosis water purification systems. The Sea Xchange line of purification systems makes potable water from seawater. Capacities range from 350 to 2,200 gallons per day. Visit the Dometic website for more information.
Dometic Marine’s Commercial division focuses on commercial, military and custom boat builders in North and South America. Dometic has been building rugged, innovative marine products for over 50 years, across all sectors of the industry.
This press release can be found at www.DometicPressroom.com, and photos are available here: http://dometic.qbank.se/v2.6/mb.php?h=88a15cdefa2535e31c5d318ccf86a88c . Find Dometic Marine on Twitter @DometicMarine, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/dometicmarine and on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/dometicmarine.
About Dometic Marine
Dometic Marine, a division of the Dometic Group, is the world’s largest supplier of innovative and technologically advanced comfort systems and equipment for yachts and pleasure boats and a major supplier of HVAC, engine room ventilation, watermakers, and toilet systems to the commercial, workboat and military markets.
A specialist supplier to OEM, refit and repair and aftermarkets, Dometic Marine has an unmatched support network of company-owned offices located in 12 strategic regions across the globe supported by numerous marine R&D facilities and factories. The products are further supported in the field by factory-authorized distributors, dealers and service engineers offering a global presence in over 100 countries worldwide.
Leisure boats from 20 feet to mega-yachts are users of the company’s premium brands which include Condaria, Cruisair®, Dometic, Marine Air Systems®, SeaLand® and WAECO. Their extensive product range includes marine air conditioning, ship-wide ventilation systems, watermakers, sanitation systems, refrigerators, stoves, battery chargers and other equipment for the leisure market.
Dometic’s commercial HVAC and engine room ventilation systems can be fitted to the broadest range of commercial vessels and conform to NMMA and ASHRAE standards; the company is ISO 9001:2008 certified.
About Dometic Group
Dometic Group is a customer-driven, world-leading provider of leisure products for the caravan, motor home, automotive, truck and marine markets. Dometic supplies the industry and aftermarket with a complete range of air conditioners, engine room ventilation systems, watermakers, refrigerators, awnings, cookers, sanitation systems, lighting, mobile power equipment, comfort and safety solutions, windows, doors and other equipment that makes leisure life more comfortable away from home. Dometic Group supplies a wide range of workshop equipment for service and maintenance of built-in air conditioning. Dometic Group also provides specially designed refrigerators for hotel rooms, offices, wine storage, and the transport and storage of medical products.
Dometic’s products are sold in almost 100 countries and are produced mainly in wholly owned production facilities around the world. Dometic has approximately 6,000 employees.
Americas/Asia Pacific Media Contact:
Europe/Middle East/Africa Media Contact:
Tel: +44 (0)1202 669244
Dometic Marketing Contact:
Vice President, Marketing
Dometic Group Americas