Visitors to Booth #157 can see two new models of Dometic’s innovative CFX Series of Portable Fridge/Freezers, powered by robust and rugged compressors tested and evaluated under harsh Australian conditions to give a superior residential-like performance on the move.
ELKHART, Ind. – Dec. 1, 2015 – Dometic Group, global supplier of comfort and convenience products for the recreational vehicle (RV), automotive, truck, marine and lodging industries, today announced that it will introduce two new models of the award-winning Dometic CFX Series of Portable Refrigerators / Freezers at the Recreation Vehicle Industry Association’s (RVIA) National RV Trade Show, to be held in Louisville, Ky., Dec. 1-3.
Dometic will also introduce a range of new accessories for the CFX Series, including a CFX Wireless Display for remote operation, custom-fit CFX Padded Covers and CFX Stainless Steel Slides to secure the CFX while driving.
The CFX Portable Fridge/Freezer is designed with RVers, tailgaters, campers and other fans of the outdoors in mind. Winner of this year’s “Best Overall Tailgate Product Award” from Tailgater Magazine & the National Hardware Show, the CFX looks like a cooler, but is actually a powerful refrigerator/freezer that runs on 120V AC, 12V DC or 24V DC power. It keeps food and drinks as cold as a residential unit, even in very hot weather. There is no ice required, and no watery mess to clean up afterwards.
“Whether you are parked at a campsite, pulling up to a social gathering or heading out with your pickup to go hunting or four-wheeling, the CFX will keep your food and drinks – even ice cream – just as cold as the fridge at home, but it uses a much more rugged compressor,” said John Primm, Director of Sales at Dometic. “At RVIA, Dometic is also pleased to be showcasing convenient new accessories for the CFX.”
At Booth #157, RVIA participants can see the following CFX models:
- CFX-28US – The CFX-28 is a single-zone unit that can be used either as a portable refrigerator or as a freezer, with 26 liters of storage capacity.
- CFX-95DZUS – This top-of-the-line model is a dual-zone unit that has 85 liters of space in two different compartments which function independently. The CFX-95DZ can be controlled from a smartphone app.
All CFX models come with a soft-touch digital thermostat. A quick-chill turbo function runs compressors at maximum performance until desired temperatures are reached, from -8ºF to 50ºF. Once the temperature is reached, the CFX draws just 1 amp of power consumption to maintain the temperature. The thermostat memory retains preset temperatures even after being turned off.
Rugged construction includes heavy-duty stainless steel hinges and strong latches, drop-down spring-loaded handles, removable baskets, detachable and reversible lids, a USB port for charging small electronic devices and a separate dairy compartment. AC and DC power cords are also included.
Dometic will also debut the following CFX accessories:
- CFX Wireless Display. This freestanding or wall-mounted display allows RVers to monitor and control their CFX unit from up to 49 feet away, providing peace of mind if the owner wants to spend time indoors, but leave the CFX outdoors. Easy-touch buttons allow users to set cooling temperature. The display is equipped with an alarm that can sound an alert when the CFX’s internal temperature increases above the desired level. Backlit for easy reading, the display lights up green when the CFX’s compressor is on, orange when off, and flashes red when the CFX is switched on but not ready. (Note: the Wireless Display works on all models except for the CFX-95DZUS, which can be controlled by a mobile app.)
- CFX Padded Covers. These padded, custom-fit and durable covers are ideal for protecting the CFX from sun and other elements. The insulated covers are designed with openings to allow owners to easily reach controls to adjust temperature, turn on/off or access the refrigerated compartments.
- CFX Slides. When travelling in RV storage compartments, these easy-to-install slides can be installed to hold the CFX in place while driving. Made of high-grade stainless steel, the slides are made to last, and can also be installed in pickup trucks and other vehicles. Ideal for tailgating and camping.
The CFX Series and accessories are available at retail stores and online. The CFX Series models come with storage capacities ranging from 26 liters to 85 liters.
For downloadable photos of these products visit this link. This press release is available at www.dometicpressroom.com. Company videos are here, http://www.youtube.com/user/dometicofficial. Visit Dometic RV social sites at https://www.facebook.com/DometicRVUSA and https://twitter.com/dometicrvusa.
About Dometic Group
Dometic Group is a customer-driven, world-leading provider of leisure products for the recreational vehicle (RV), automotive, truck, marine markets and lodging markets. Dometic supplies the industry and aftermarket with a complete range of air conditioners, ship-wide ventilation systems, watermakers, refrigerators, awnings, cookers, sanitation systems, lighting, mobile power equipment, comfort and safety solutions, windows, doors and other equipment that makes leisure life more comfortable away from home. Dometic Group supplies a wide range of workshop equipment for service and maintenance of built-in air conditioning. Dometic Group also provides specially designed refrigerators for hotel rooms, offices and wine storage.
Dometic’s products are sold in almost 100 countries and are produced mainly in wholly owned production facilities around the world. Dometic has approximately 6,000 employees. Visit the Dometic USA site at www.dometic.com/usa.
Dometic RV OEM, VP Sales & Marketing
Dometic Director of Sales, Aftermarket