- All Stories
- Smoked Trout Toasts
Tasty Smoked Trout Toasts
Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make recipe for your next outdoor adventure? Look no further than these Smoked Trout Toasts, created by chef Nick Pearce and cooked to perfection with the Dometic easy to use cooking range.
This Smoked Trout Toast is the perfect combination of smoky and creamy, with a bright pop of citrus and herb flavor. And thanks to Dometic’s mobile cooking range, you can whip up this delicious meal in no time, whether you’re camping, hiking, or just enjoying a day in the great outdoors.
So next time you’re planning an outdoor adventure, be sure to add Smoked Trout Toasts to your menu – your taste buds (and your fellow adventurers) will thank you!
Smoked Trout Toasts
Makes: 6-8 takes
Time: 15 mins
- 4 organic free-range eggs (optional)
- Loaf sourdough
- 200g Crème Fraiche
- 1 lemon
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Flakey salt
- Bunch of fresh dill
- Fresh chives
- Hot Smoked trout
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 Fresh red chili
1. If adding soft-boiled eggs bring a pot to a simmer and lower in 4 eggs for 6mins. Cool under cold water or ice bath once cooked and remove the shell and set aside.
2. Toast sourdough
3. In a bowl mix 200g crème fraiche, zest, and juice of one lemon, pinch of salt, and crack of black pepper.
4. Spread some crème fraiche mixture on toasted sourdough.
5. Remove skin from trout and flake off meat with a fork and a few pieces to the toasted sourdough.
6. Add some diced fresh avo and finely chopped dill and chives, sliced red chili, and a crack of black pepper and flakey salt.
7. Cut the soft-boiled egg in half and add to the toast.
Follow Nick Pearce on Instagram for more delicious recipes.
Portable gas BBQ
Portable gas stove and oven