Valentine’s Day Charcuterie
This Valentine’s Day, make a romantic night easier than ever. Prepare your favorite ingredients for a charcuterie board that makes the perfect light outdoor meal on a crisp winter evening — or serve it fireside. Pair with your favorite bottle of bubbles or sauvignon blanc along with your favorite person for a memorable evening.
Don’t have a significant other? No worries — invite several friends over to sip, savor, and enjoy your time together.
Campsite Difficulty: 1/10
Meats, cheeses, nuts. What could be easier? A charcuterie board is one of the simplest dishes you can prepare, yet the variety of ingredients ensures that everyone will find something to nibble on and enjoy. I’ve suggested possible elements, but feel free to swap in your own favorites for a different selection every time.
Small cheese knife (optional)
Serving tray (optional)
- 8 ounces of cheese of your choice (like Brie, cheddar, Swiss, burrata)
- 8 ounces of meats (salami, prosciutto, summer sausage)
- 3 large bell peppers (any color) or similar amount of other fresh vegetables
- 2 cups of grapes and/or strawberries
- 8 ounces of nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios)
- 4 ounces of olives or dill pickles
- 10-ounce package of fresh hummus (or other dip of your choice)
- Several handfuls of crackers (like pita crackers or whole-wheat crackers)
- Cut hard cheese and cured meats into slices about ¼ inch thick. (Soft cheeses are messier to cut. You may want to serve with a small cheese knife and let friends slice their own pieces.)
- Wash and core the peppers and cut them into slices for serving. Wash any other fresh vegetables and fruits you will be serving.
- Arrange the cheese, meats, vegetables, fruits, nuts, olives/pickles, hummus, and crackers on the cutting board or other serving tray and serve.
Pairs well with friends reconnecting after months (or longer!) apart.