How do connect a drive-away awning to my motorhome?
Guy Line Method (Recommended)
- Throw the guy lines, attached to the top corners of the tunnel, over the vehicle and either peg down on the other side or tie to the wheels
- Unpeg to drive-away
Greater tensioning of tunnel assisting with water run-off
Higher attachment point for better door clearance
Quicker to reattach upon return to your pitch
Keder Beading Method (optional accessory recommended)
- Dometic drive-away awnings come with a 6mm keder beading sewn along the length of the rear tunnel
- Attach directly to awning rail (if fitted) or channel of cassette awning
- To drive-away, you will need to use drive-away kit:
- Twin Driveaway Kit 3m
- Twin Driveaway Kit 4m
- For vehicles without a rail fitted, a Kampa Limpet™ Drive-Away Kit or Magnetic Driveaway Kit can be used
- When using a drive-away kit, remove the figure-of-8 profile to drive-away
Velcro Loops Method
- For vehicles fitted with roof rails.
- Attach the Velcro straps, fitted along the top edge of the tunnel, around the roof rail.
- Undo Velcro to drive-away.
Pole & Clamp Method (optional accessory required)
- Requires gutter to run the length of the awning tunnel
- Simply thread pole into sleeve on tunnel edge
- Rest the pole in gutter and secure with clamps
- Remove clamps and pole from gutter to drive-away