DOMETIC REFRIGERATOR RECALL INFORMATION (06E-076 & 08E-032)
The original recall includes some two-door refrigerators manufactured between April 1997 through May 2003 (06E-076). The expansion of this recall also includes the same two-door refrigerator models manufactured between June 2003 through September 2006 (08E-032).
To find out if your refrigerator falls within either of the recalls, please reference the affected Dometic refrigerator model & serial numbers below.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING COMBINATION OF REFRIGERATOR MODEL AND SERIAL NUMBERS ARE AFFECTED:
MODEL NUMBERS: NDR1062, RM2652, RM2662, RM2663, RM2852, RM2862, RM3662, RM3663, RM3862, RM3863
SERIAL NUMBERS: (71300000-75209999), (80100000-85309999), (90100000-95209999), (00100000-05209999), (10100000-152099999), (20100000-25209999), (30100000-35209999), (40100000-45309999), (50100000-55209999), (60100000-63909999)
- To be affected by the recall, both the model number and the serial number must be on the list.
- If the model number begins with DM or NDM (instead of RM or NDR), the refrigerator is not affected by the recall.
- Numbers that begin with 9211 are the product number (9 digits) of the refrigerator, not the serial number (8 digits).
- The 4th digit of the serial number should always be a zero on refrigerators affected by the recall. If the 4th digit of the serial number is not a zero: the wrong number is being provided, the number provided is the refrigerator product number (begins with 9211), or the refrigerator is not an RM or NDR model.
- The product/manufacturing number for all refrigerators affected by the recall begins with 9211. If the product/manufacturing number begins with anything other than 9211, then the refrigerator model is not an RM or NDR refrigerator.
- Only two door refrigerators (that fall within the model and serial number parameters above) are affected by the recall. The single door and side by side refrigerator models are not affected by the recall.
- Model numbers ending in 3, designate a three-way refrigerator (RM2663, RM3663, & RM3863) and require a 3-way recall kit to be installed.