Dometic launches new inflatable tailgater awning with recycled Redux material
Birmingham, UK, 22 February 2022 Dometic introduces the Dometic Auto AIR Redux featuring the new Weathershield Redux material which is made from 100% recycled plastic bottles and is Global Recycled Standard certified. This new inflatable tailgater awning is designed for use with passenger cars, SUVs and MPVs, fitting conveniently to the rear of the vehicle.
Dometic is ensuring future sustainability across the whole company, to balance our environmental, economic and social impact. The new product is one of the ways to show its commitment.
The new Weathershield Redux material used on the Dometic Auto AIR Redux awning is an important step towards our collective goals. The material is made from 100% recycled plastic bottles and is Global Recycled Standard certified.
The Dometic Auto AIR Redux is designed for use with passenger cars, SUVs and MPVs, fitting conveniently to the rear of the vehicle. This versatile, drive-away awning features lightweight polyester, woven with recycled plastic bottle yarn, and a rigid Single-Point inflatable AIR Frame.
Key features include:
- Tailgate awning suitable for hatchback cars, SUVs and estate cars
- Single Point Inflation Air Frame technology ensures a strong structure and easy set up
- Environmentally responsible polyester ensures reliable protection from the elements
- Zipped mesh panels site behind the doors and windows, adding comfort in hot weather.
- Large integrated sun canopy adds shaded space for dining and relaxing. Canopy poles included.
- The zip-in waterproof bathtub groundsheet can be pegged down for step free access or toggled up to prevent insects accessing the awning.
- Optional 2-person inner tent available
- Fitting height of 150 – 200 cm
Ref. 9120002032 / Price (MRRP): £1000 / €1,175
The Dometic Auto AIR Redux is available at authorized dealers as of March 2022.
Note to Editors
- Minako Nakatsuma Olofzon
Dometic is a global market leader in the mobile living industry. Millions of people around the world use Dometic products in outdoor, residential, and professional applications. Our motivation is to create smart, sustainable, and reliable products with aspirational design for an outdoor and mobile lifestyle in the areas of Food & Beverage, Climate, Power & Control, and Other Applications. Dometic employs approximately 7,700 people worldwide, had net sales of SEK 16.2 billion in 2020 and is headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden.